Piner-Olivet Charter School
Piner-Olivet Charter School is committed to providing high-quality education to our diverse student body. We achieve our goals through a challenging curriculum, quality teachers, and an atmosphere that emphasizes communication and cooperation. Together, these elements create a safe and engaging learning environment in which all students can excel.
School District: Piner-Olivet Union Elementary School District
- CDS Code: 49708706113492 Grades: 7-8 approximately 200 students
- Principal: Kirsten Sanft Office Manager: Karen Wofford
Illuminate portal access: https://pousd.illuminatehc.com/login
Tue. 9/17 POCS Executive Committee Meeting 4:30PM & POCS Parent Club Meeting 6:00PM
Fri. 9/20 Welcome Back Dance 3:30PM
Wed. 9/25 Picture Day
Week of Sept. 30-Oct. 4 - Conference Week - minimum day schedule - 1:00 PM dismissal every day.
***ATTENDANCE TIPS FROM THE OFFICE ***
If your child is absent you must call 707-522-3310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your student’s name, grade level, and the reason for their absence. Valid absence reasons are: illness, medical appointment, family emergency, and Independent Study.
Not notifying the office of a valid absence can lead to your child having unexcused absences, which can lead to truancy.
3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM
POCS asks that parents attend at least 6 Parent Club meetings during the year and this goes towards your parent hours too! These meetings keep you informed, build relationships with staff and other parents, and give you an opportunity to help decide what the group does.
- Avoid the Lost and Found: Label all coats, sweaters, and lunch containers with your child’s first and last name.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Please follow the traffic procedures below to help keep our students safe. SAFETY is our 1st priority!
-POCS students should not arrive before 8:25AM.
- Students should be ready to unload quickly (backpacks/lunch/etc. next to them)
- Keep belongings with student – not the trunk.
- - Use the second driveway to drop-off/pick-up your student and follow the driveway all the way around to the east side of the school to exit.
- Do not drive around the cones – it is unsafe.
- Pull all the way forward and along the curb into the drop-off/pickup area. Follow staff directions politely.
- Do not drop off or pick up your child anywhere except the designated area.
-Do not stop near the POCS buildings.
- Do not arrive early (before 3:10) to pick up your POCS student.
- If you have both a Jack London and a POCS student, please wait until the POCS time to pick up both children. Jack London siblings can wait in the library from 2:40 until 3:10.
- Incoming 7th graders for the 20/21 year - Information Night December 5th, 6PM in the gym - applications will be handed out at the meeting.
- School Hours
- 8:40 – 3:10 – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 8:40 – 1:00 – Every Wednesday and minimum days
- “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.“ Marian Wright Edelman
We have worked hard to create a challenging, safe, and rewarding environment for our students. Led by dedicated staff and teachers and supported by a long tradition of parental involvement, we’ve been able to achieve our goals of providing superior educational and developmental opportunities for our students, and having a positive impact on the surrounding community.